Last updated: October 27, 2020
Contact information. If you use our Contact Form or send us an email with a general inquiry, we will process the name and email address you have provided. Such processing is based on our legitimate interest to get in touch with you.
Recruitment (careers). If you apply for an open position, we will process your personal data (name, email address, phone number, CV, and others) to assess your suitability for the opening. Your data will be processed for as long as it takes to fill that position.
If you permit us to contact you about future job opportunities, we will store the data for 3 (three) years. You can withdraw your permission at any time.
In general, we get your information directly from you. However, we may also obtain some business-related personal details about you from third parties, such as from our employees (if they refer you), your former employers/colleagues, or employment-oriented social media sites (such as LinkedIn). This is based on our legitimate interest to make sure that you are a good match for the position offered.
If we see that you would make a great candidate for an open position at another Nord group company, we may share your application with a responsible HR representative.
Access logs. Like most websites, we collect access logs (information such as your IP address, browser type, and operating system) to make sure you have a secure, reliable, and robust experience while browsing. This information is also essential for fighting DDoS attacks, scanning, and other hacking attempts.
Cookies. Cookies, pixels, and other similar technologies are usually small text or image files that are placed onto your device when visiting a website. This is a standard practice on the Internet.
All major browsers allow users to choose their cookie settings. You can choose whether to accept or block cookies, and whether to delete cookies already stored on your device.
The Nord Security website uses the following:
- Essential cookies. These cookies are essential for user navigation on our website. This category of cookies cannot be disabled.
- Functionality cookies. These cookies remember the information you have entered or choices you’ve made (such as language selection) on the website, so that you don’t have to repeat it the next time you visit.
- Analytics cookies. These cookies collect information about how visitors use our website, letting us make improvements and monitor our performance.
- Advertising cookies. These cookies are placed by third-party advertising platforms or networks to deliver ads and track ad performance. Sometimes they let advertising networks deliver ads that may be relevant to you based upon your activities on the Nord Security or other websites (in which case the choice of ad may be based on automated decision-making).
|Cookie name||Purpose / description||Expiration||Category|
|_cfduid||Used by CloudFlare to identify trusted web traffic. The cookie does not store any personally identifiable information.||29 days||Essential|
|_ga||Registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the website.||2 years||Analytics|
|_gat||Used by Google Analytics to throttle request rate.||1 day||Analytics|
|_gid||Registers a unique ID to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the website.||1 day||Analytics|
|ads/ga-audiences||Used by Google AdWords to re-engage visitors that are likely to convert to customers based on their online behaviour.||Session||Advertising|
We use third-party service providers for help with various operations, such as email automation and website analytics. Your personal information may be processed in countries where these providers are based, including locations with different rules on privacy and data protection than your habitual place of residence. Nonetheless, we strive to make sure that your data is adequately protected (for example, by using standard contractual clauses compliant with EU law).
As a data subject, depending on the circumstances, you may:
- request us to correct or erase your personal data
- object to us processing your personal data based on our legitimate interest
- ask for a copy of your personal data in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format
- request that we transmit (if technically feasible) your personal data to another controller (when the data is being processed with your consent by automated means)
- restrict the processing of your personal data (when there are legal grounds for doing so)
- withdraw your consent (when processing is based on your previous consent)
- exercise your rights by contacting us directly or, if all else fails, by lodging a complaint with a supervisory authority
If you want to exercise your rights (or have any questions/comments), you can always contact us by email.