Mid level Data Scientist
Nord Security is a leading cybersecurity solutions provider with the product family of five advanced cybersecurity solutions: NordVPN, NordLayer, NordPass, NordLocker, and NordWL. We have one true goal - to give true online privacy and security to as many people as we can. NordVPN - fastest VPN on the planet, built to protect your online traffic and privacy with next-generation encryption. The Threat Protection Team’s mission is encoded in its name - we provide threat protection software-defined solutions for our users. Our team is passionate about solving complex system, network, software development, automation, and programming-related riddles. Our projects vary from the privacy of the user to malware research.
What You Will Do
- Design solutions to problems while researching, debugging, analyzing data using different data sources;
- Create scalable & reliable code, as well as write documentation for the parts that you’ve contributed to or explored;
- Research, develop & deliver data science solutions to production;
- Develops custom ML metrics that would help to monitor model performance;
- Analyze validation/testing results, explain them and improve model design accordingly;
- Plan the deliverables with the team members;
- Constant communication about the progress;
- Suggest improvements of current solutions.
What We Expect
- At least 1 year of experience of data science or mathematical modeling;
- Solid knowledge of statistics (e.g., Monte Carlo, hypothesis testing, bootstrap, Bayesian inference);
- In-depth knowledge and hands-on experience in machine learning algorithms: linear regression, random forest, gradient boosted trees, neural networks, k-means, etc.;
- Proficiency in Python and hands-on experience of the PyData stack (e.g., Pandas, Numpy, MatPlotLib) for analytics/machine learning;
- Excellent problem solving skills (researching, debugging, instrumentation);
- Ability to break down and prioritize work, make informed decisions about which tools and algorithms to use for specific problems;
- Team-driven mentality and ability to collaborate with other colleagues, as well as ownership;
- Willingness to explore and grow - and even mentor others.
What We Offer
- Access to Nord Security products. We build solutions used by millions of users worldwide, and you’ll get to experience our products firsthand;
- Professional growth. Internal and external events, online training, conferences, books - everything you need to reach full potential;
- Health benefits. Private health insurance, online and on-site workouts, consultations to feel and be your best;
- Mental wellbeing. Access to mental health tools like Calm, Headspace, and Mindletic. Options for therapy to keep your emotional wellbeing in check;
- Team spirit. Team buildings and parties with games, shows, tastings, food coupons, gifts, and it’s on us;
- More free time. Stay with us and additional vacation days will be added to your calendar;
- Additional paid leave. Additional days are covered by us in cases of illness or special occasions;
- Flexibility. Flexible working time arrangement;
- Gross salary. 2650 - 4100 EUR/month.