Senior Backend Engineer (Golang)
Nord Security was born as a passion project, and our drive is reflected in our work, which has earned high praise from major tech outlets and cybersec experts. We want one thing only — to give true online privacy and security to as many people as we can. NordVPN is the fastest VPN and the most trusted online security solution on the planet. NordVPN protects your internet traffic with next-generation encryption, being the preferred tool of activists and privacy-conscious individuals around the globe. We are building scalable systems for Nord products, handling over 1 million active connections, sending thousands of notifications per second. As a team member you would enhance its technologies and move up the stack to provide secure platform with reusable components that can be used on many different surfaces to help users log-in and handle their account data.
What You Will Do
- Own the full lifecycle of feature development from design through testing, release, and support;
- Along with Golang you will be using a range of different technologies including MySQL, Redis, Elasticsearch (ELK), RabbitMQ, Docker;
- Work closely with the team to define the product vision and make architecture decisions;
- Build new features and software improvements.
What We Expect
- Experience in designing and building complex distributed systems;
- Interest in owning projects end-to-end and supporting them as they go live in production;
- Proven experience with Go; and a great foundation with another programming language (e.g. Java, C, C++, Ruby, PHP or Python);
- You think about resilience, reliability, and scalability on par with other functional requirements and are experienced in balancing and implementing strategies against requirements in these areas;
- Ownership of your work - build it, deploy it, fix it, monitor it, repeat.
What We Offer
- Access to Nord Security products. We build solutions used by millions of users worldwide, and you’ll get to experience our products firsthand, at no charge.
- Professional growth. Internal and external events, online training, conferences, books - everything you need to reach full potential.
- Health benefits. Private health insurance, online workouts, consultations, programs to improve mental health to feel and be your best.
- Team spirit. Online team buildings and parties with games, shows, tastings, food coupons, gifts, and it’s on us.
- More free time. Stay with us and additional vacation days will be added to your calendar.
- Salary. Gross salary - 4300 - 5300 EUR/month.