Software Engineer (Threat Protection Team)
Nord Security is a leading cybersecurity solutions provider with a product family of five advanced cybersecurity solutions: NordVPN, NordLayer, NordPass, NordLocker, and NordWL. We have one true goal - to give true online privacy and security to as many people as we can. NordVPN - the fastest VPN on the planet, built to protect your online traffic and privacy with next-generation encryption. Our Threat Protection team combines its expertise and innovative approach to develop advanced, trustworthy products for our users. We acknowledge that success starts with having the right people in the right place. Currently, we’re looking for new team members to join us. The Threat Protection Team’s mission is encoded in its name - we provide threat protection software-defined solutions for our users. Our team is passionate about solving complex systems, network, software development, automation, and programming-related riddles. Our projects vary from the privacy of the user to malware protection. The team writes code that is deployed at scale, serving hundreds of thousands of customers worldwide. That sounds like the challenge you were looking for - read on!
What You Will Do
- Be part of a team delivering threat protection functionality for the NordVPN application and increase our customers' digital security;
- Develop new software functionalities or improve the quality of the current ones - review, optimize, debug and extend;
- Dig deep into a wide range of software types: drivers, system extensions, libraries, tools, native applications;
- Test your work (applying any methods you see fit);
- Do code reviews, and provide valuable feedback on performance, logic, and maintenance issues to ensure code-level consistency.
What We Expect
- Experience with C/C++ or Go and willingness to learn the rest;
- Object-Oriented Programming (OOP) and Object-Oriented Design (OOD) mindset;
- Some Network stack knowledge and low-level programming experience in general;
- Windows API and Kernel experience is a big plus;
- A high sense of responsibility and ownership: you care about the quality of your work and want to get better at it continuously;
- Open communication style and transparency;
- Positive attitude towards feedback, new ideas, self-improvement, and others;
- Apple/Mac/Linux expertise is a plus.
What We Offer
- Access to Nord Security products. We build solutions used by millions of users worldwide, and you’ll get to experience our products firsthand;
- Professional growth. Internal and external events, online training, conferences, books - everything you need to reach full potential;
- Health benefits. Private health insurance, online and on-site workouts, consultations to feel and be your best;
- Mental wellbeing. Access to mental health tools like Calm, Headspace, and Mindletic. Options for therapy to keep your emotional wellbeing in check;
- Team spirit. Team buildings and parties with games, shows, tastings, food coupons, gifts, and it’s on us;
- More free time. Stay with us and additional vacation days will be added to your calendar;
- Additional paid leave. Additional days are covered by us in cases of illness or special occasions;
- Flexibility. Flexible working time arrangement;
- Gross salary 3100 - 6900 EUR/month.