Nord Security was born as a passion project, and our drive is reflected in our work, which has earned high praise from major tech outlets and cybersec experts. We want one thing only — to give true online privacy and security to as many people as we can. Our legal team is the one overlooking every law-related detail and angle. We take on any challenge, and neither common nor continental law intimidates us. As we work across multiple areas, from business to IT, our team gets the privilege to see all the inner workings of building advanced cybersecurity solutions. So, if there are no further objections, we welcome you to join our team.
What You Will Do
- Advising and supporting business, legal and other internal teams on all matters relating to data privacy
- Drafting, reviewing, assessing contracts with partners, terms of services and other documentation from the data privacy perspective
- Actively contributing in raising awareness among teams regarding data privacy issues by playing an important role in training of staff involved in data processing
- Monitoring compliance in with data privacy legislation across jurisdiction where NordSec operates, playing an important role in organizing data protection audits, conducting Data Protection Impact Assessments
- Organizing a process for handling requests from individuals regarding processing of of their personal data and the exercise of their rights
- Developing and maintaining relationships with external legal professionals and law firms while seeking their advice regarding data protection issues
- Keeping up with market developments, proactively contributing your ideas, identifying, and sharing best practices among teamsIf necessary, working with the legal team on a wider array of legal issues arising from NordSec’s operations, not necessarily associated with your core competences.
- Working in close collaboration with the legal team, located remotely.
What We Expect
- 3+ years of relevant experience in reputable law firm in the Netherlands or as an in-house counsel, working in tech sector;
- Solid understanding of EU and U.S. data protection regulatory requirements;
- Master’s degree in Law (LLM), preferably from a Dutch university;
- Certified International Privacy Professional Certification or equivalent is an advantage;
- Keen interest in technology is a must;
- Fluent verbal and written English;
- Ability to work independently and efficiently;
- Experience working in diverse and international environment.
What We Offer
- Possibility to be a part of the ambitious, innovative and international team of a fast-growing tech group and one of the few first members to join the Netherlands team;
- Great conditions for work - flexible hours, no unnecessary distractions, innovative office space in Amsterdam Zuid;
- Top-notch technologies and tools to work on world-renowned products;
- Professional growth opportunities (training courses of your choice, books, conferences, business trips, etc.);
- Events, knowledge sharing talks, team retreats & workation trips;