Engineering Manager, UCP
Nord Security is a leading cybersecurity solutions provider with the product family of five advanced cybersecurity solutions: NordVPN, NordLayer, NordPass, NordLocker, and NordWL. We have one true goal - to give true online privacy and security to as many people as we can. NordVPN - fastest VPN on the planet, built to protect your online traffic and privacy with next-generation encryption. Our Front-end team works with a variety of technologies. We hold high standards for code quality and apply the Agile development principles and practices for incremental releases. We are highly focused and eager to share our knowledge in-house or at various conferences outside the company.
What You Will Do
- Create features to support multiple layers of business logic, multi-dimensional personalization, A/B experimentation, analytics, and integrations;
- Plan and execute long term strategies that benefit the team and the product and make your team more effective;
- Enable your team’s growth (plan human resources, onboard newcomers, manage team competencies, professional and personal development);
- Hold regular 1:1's with your team, set personal and career goals, conduct performance reviews;
- Closely cooperate with Product Owners and other stakeholders;
- Communicate with other technical teams to ensure smooth delivery;
- Represent the team in internal communication around broader initiatives, and publicly on specific projects, community contributions;
- Foster technical decision making on the team, and make final decisions when necessary;
- Maintain innovation backlog and facilitate R&D missions;
- Conduct code reviews, and make technical contributions to product architecture.
What We Expect
- 4y+ experience in software development, preferably working with frontend and backend technologies;
- Strong experience in people management (engineering management or team leading roles);
- Understanding of system architecture;
- Deep knowledge of web development, testing, and performance optimization best practices;
- Proven experience in developing high quality and high-performance front-end web applications that run at scale;
- Team-spirited, proactive, and able to work in a fast-paced environment;
- Self-motivated and self-managing, with great organizational skills;
- Effective communication skills: present ideas, achieve consensus and buy-ins, communicate progress.
What We Offer
- Access to Nord Security products. We build solutions used by millions of users worldwide, and you’ll get to experience our products firsthand;
- Professional growth. Internal and external events, online training, conferences, books - everything you need to reach full potential;
- Health benefits. Private health insurance, online and on-site workouts, consultations to feel and be your best;
- Mental wellbeing. Access to mental health tools like Calm, Headspace, and Mindletic. Options for therapy to keep your emotional wellbeing in check;
- Team spirit. Team buildings and parties with games, shows, tastings, food coupons, gifts, and it’s on us;
- More free time. Stay with us and additional vacation days will be added to your calendar;
- Flexibility. Flexible working time arrangement;
- Gross salary 4500 - 8000 EUR/month.