Engineering Manager, UCP
Nord Security was born as a passion project, and our drive is reflected in our work, which has earned high praise from major tech outlets and cybersec experts. We want one thing only — to give true online privacy and security to as many people as we can. NordVPN is the world’s most trusted VPN service provider working on making the internet better for everyone. More than 14 million users enjoy more open, private, and secure access to all their favorite online resources. We believe that business can serve their users with smart and innovative use of modern web technology. We acknowledge that the core elements of success are the encouragement of professional growth and individual initiative as well as a deep understanding of our users and business challenges. Our team uses a number of modern frontend technologies, including TypeScript, React, Next.js Gatsby, Svelte, Webpack, Rollup, Node.js and we hold an extremely high standard for code quality and follow best practices of the industry. We’re looking for an Engineering Manager to join our growing User Control Panel team in Berlin. Team is focused on crafting an excellent user experience for the central hub of all Nord products including service management, user account control, payment and billing details and promotions. Your role will be crucial in building a great team, ensuring smooth delivery, and defining the future of the product as well as solving complex business problems in a sustainable and reliable way.
What You Will Do
- Create features to support multiple layers of business logic, multi-dimensional personalization, A/B experimentation, analytics, and integrations;
- Plan and execute long term strategies that benefit the team and the product and make your team more effective;
- Enable your team’s growth (plan human resources, onboard newcomers, manage team competencies, professional and personal development);
- Hold regular 1:1's with your team, set personal and career goals, conduct performance reviews;
- Closely cooperate with Product Owners and other stakeholders;
- Communicate with other technical teams to ensure smooth delivery;
- Represent the team in internal communication around broader initiatives, and publicly on specific projects, community contributions;
- Foster technical decision making on the team, and make final decisions when necessary;
- Maintain innovation backlog and facilitate R&D missions;
- Conduct code reviews, and make technical contributions to product architecture.
What We Expect
- 4y+ experience in software development, preferably working with frontend and backend technologies;
- Strong experience in people management (engineering management or team leading roles);
- Understanding of system architecture;
- Deep knowledge of web development, testing, and performance optimization best practices;
- Proven experience in developing high quality and high-performance front-end web applications that run at scale;
- Team-spirited, proactive, and able to work in a fast-paced environment;
- Self-motivated and self-managing, with great organizational skills;
- Effective communication skills: present ideas, achieve consensus and buy-ins, communicate progress.
What We Offer
- Gross salary 4500-8000 EUR/month. The final offer will be based on your competence and experience!
- Great conditions for work - flexible hours, separate workspaces for teams, no unnecessary distractions;
- Top-notch technologies and tools to work on world-renowned products;
- Need to unwind? We have what you need: chill zone, F-1 simulator, table tennis, foosball, basketball, xbox, and more;
- Professional in-house physiotherapist who will help you take care of your health;
- Always fully stocked kitchen to fuel your productivity;
- Professional growth opportunities (training courses of your choice, books, global conferences, business trips, etc.);
- Regular internal events, knowledge sharing talks, team retreats & workation trips like nobody else;