Senior Android Engineer
Nord Security was born as a passion project, and our drive is reflected in our work, which has earned high praise from major tech outlets and cybersec experts. We want one thing only — to give true online privacy and security to as many people as we can. NordVPN is the fastest VPN and the most trusted online security solution on the planet. NordVPN protects your internet traffic with next-generation encryption, being the preferred tool of activists and privacy-conscious individuals around the globe. Our apps team is all about hard work, modern technology stack, speed, a constant desire to learn, and above all, vigilance in keeping every last asset safe and sound. That's how we build top-notch cybersecurity solutions that people can trust.
What You Will Do
- You will contribute to the development effort for NordVPN for Android devices. This includes interacting with our existing backend REST APIs, providing feedback based on mobile needs, and working with our web, backend, and low-level teams to build new features. You will also coordinate with our Product Owner and QA/Support team to analyze our Android apps and assist with debugging them.
- Be a part of a rapidly growing programming team that consists of Senior engineers with Kotlin background;
- Stay up to date with cutting-edge tools to ensure excellent quality of the code. It’s all about that code!
What We Expect
- 5 years of extensive Android development
- Fluent with Kotlin MVVM Clean architecture and RxJava
- Knowledge of latest trends and libraries in Android ecosystem
- Knowledge of Git or other source control
- Experience in writing unit tests
- Excellent knowledge of Android APIs and SDK;
- Interest in cybersecurity.
- Networking knowledge - OSI Stack, previous experience in developing VPN solutions (Bonus points)
- Experience working with a large codebases (Bonus points)
- Experience with Agile methodologies and processes (Bonus points)
- Don't worry if you don't tick all the boxes we would still be interested in hearing from you!
What We Offer
- Access to Nord Security products. We build solutions used by millions of users worldwide, and you’ll get to experience our products firsthand, at no charge.
- Professional growth. Internal and external events, online training, conferences, books - everything you need to reach full potential.
- Health benefits. Private health insurance, online workouts, consultations, programs to improve mental health to feel and be your best.
- Team spirit. Online team buildings and parties with games, shows, tastings, food coupons, gifts, and it’s on us.
- More free time. Stay with us and additional vacation days will be added to your calendar.
- Salary. Gross salary - 2600 - 5750 EUR/month. Keep in mind that we are open to discuss a different salary based on your skills and competencies.