Solution Architect (NordVPN App, remote Poland)
Nord Security is a leading cybersecurity solutions provider with the product family of five advanced cybersecurity solutions: NordVPN, NordLayer, NordPass, NordLocker, and NordWL. We have one true goal - to give true online privacy and security to as many people as we can. NordVPN - fastest VPN on the planet, built to protect your online traffic and privacy with next-generation encryption. We believe that cybersecurity is all about hard work, modern technology stack, speed, a constant desire to learn, and above all, vigilance in keeping every last asset safe and sound. At this moment, we're ready to build another enormous product that will expand our big family of cybersecurity products even more. In this role, you'll be able to demonstrate your master skills by building a product from zero to hero. If you're passionate about .NET applications' development and love to build things from scratch – dare to accept this challenge and become a part of our community.
What You Will Do
- Design, implement and document solution architecture - make sure it is modular, stable, and of high quality;
- The solution we are currently building consists of Windows applications, services, drivers and is complex;
- Apply leading trends and architectural patterns to current solutions and upcoming big features for these solutions (we are working on features like threat protection, meshnet, background updater);
- Prioritize which parts of our solution need improvement, be proactive about changes and evaluate their impact on the system level;
- Communicate your design in diagrams, drawings, and models to both internal and external teams and stakeholders;
- Act as a partner and senior advisor for .net engineers within the team and lead by example, advocating best practices for software engineering;
- Be at the forefront of technological development to ensure the highest possible efficiency and software quality.
What We Expect
- We prefer that you are a strong technologist writing C# code on .NET, with an extensive understanding of DDD, APIs, and microservice architecture design. Though, C and C++ experience is also a match;
- You have been designing scalable, available, and trusted systems, therefore have a good understanding of solution architecture and patterns;
- Experience in working with desktop applications and ability to make a trade-off in cases of conflicting technological choices;
- You know tools and technologies used for maintaining system operational quality;
- You are comfortable with working in an innovative, agile environment, able to quickly absorb new information and deal with ambiguity;
- You have the ability and skills to build relationships and influence across organizational boundaries;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.