- Drive the decision-making process for technical designs by providing security recommendations and risk mitigation strategies
- Define general and feature-specific security requirements
- Conduct threat model sessions and perform risk assessments of any product change that may impact security
- Consult developers on security architecture and cryptography-related concerns
- Research new security concepts and translate them into actionable design descriptionsMaintain constant communication with stakeholders and push the security agenda
- Design and deliver training for security engineering awareness and adoption
- Actively look for internal security gaps within the product or organization
- Ability to enhance and propose software design descriptions with a focus on security
- Sense of ownership with strong problem-solving and investigation skills;
- Excellent communication and presenting skills; able to concisely communicate security risks to both technical and business audiences both verbally and in writing
- Ability to quickly assimilate new technologies and tools;
- Bonus points for community contributions like public CVEs, bug bounty recognition, open-source tools, blogs, etc.
- In-depth knowledge of one or more of the following topics:
- Network Security (Design of P2P, Firewalls, IPv6)
- Security of Mobile / Desktop Application
- Open Authorization and OpenID Connect (OIDC)
- Secure Backend Architecture (Zero trust environments, KMS, IAM)
- Web Security (API Security, Web Application Security, Securing Browser Extension)
After you apply
Our recruitment process differs depending on specific positions and/or hiring teams. However, it tends to include the following three main stages and usually doesn’t exceed any more than five steps.
Get to know
The goal of the first step is to get to know each other better. So during that, we talk more about the role and ask you to share your story.
We test each applicant's technical knowledge and problem-solving ability through various assessments.
Meet the team
The final step is for you to meet the team, discuss your task, and dig deeper into the role you’re applying for. If everyone’s happy with the result, the closing step will be the offer.
Nord Security is a world-leading cybersecurity solutions provider. We aim to shape a more trusted and peaceful online future for people everywhere. To achieve this goal, we’ve built a like-minded community of over 1000 cybersecurity and tech experts driven by Nord values. And we’re always looking to expand our team of: