Backend Penetration tester
Nord Security was born as a passion project, and our drive is reflected in our work, which has earned high praise from major tech outlets and cybersec experts. We want one thing only — to give true online privacy and security to as many people as we can. NordVPN is the fastest VPN and the most trusted online security solution on the planet. NordVPN protects your internet traffic with next-generation encryption, being the preferred tool of activists and privacy-conscious individuals around the globe. We're the ones behind the product, affecting and following how it changes. Providing support in the front row and delivering software-defined solutions are just some of our goals. Our team is passionate about solving complex system, storage, and network problems using automation and software-defined solutions.
What You Will Do
- Secure backend applications, networking components, and crypto services. White, grey box or black box – you name it!
- Show your reverse engineering skills on finding bugs in cutting-edge security solutions;
- Design and create solutions to complex security issues from scratch;
- Develop scripts, security automation tools to enhance penetration testing processes;
- Closely collaborate with backend application developers and other tech geeks to validate, assess, understand the root cause and mitigate vulnerabilities;
- Spread your security knowledge with hundreds of your colleagues!
What We Expect
- Proven experience in application security assessment planning, testing and vulnerability reporting;
- Proficiency using security scanners, static code analyzers, and debuggers;
- Networking knowledge, SSL/TLS knowledge, ability to explain what ciphers, PFS, keys, PKI, certificates are and what they do;
- Demonstrated ability to perform manual security code audit;
- Previous experience with fuzzing, reverse engineering, and exploit development;
- Experience working with application developers to validate, assess, understand the root cause and mitigate vulnerabilities;
- Strong knowledge in application and infrastructure testing methodologies;
- Knowledge in architecture design and assessment (manual approach to penetration testing);
- Bonus points for community contributions like public CVEs, bug bounty recognition, open-source tools, blogs, etc.
What We Offer
- Great conditions for work - flexible hours, separate workspaces for teams, no unnecessary distractions;
- Top-notch technologies and tools to work on world-renowned products;
- Need to unwind? We have what you need: chill zone, F-1 simulator, table tennis, foosball, basketball, xbox, and more;
- Professional in-house physiotherapist who will help you take care of your health;
- Always fully stocked kitchen to fuel your productivity;
- Professional growth opportunities (training courses of your choice, books, conferences, business trips, etc.);
- Awesome team. Seriously - the best! We do regular internal events, knowledge sharing talks, team retreats & workation trips like nobody else;
- Gross salary - 2500 EUR/month. Keep in mind that we are open to discuss a different salary based on your skills and competences