Software Development Engineer in Test (Threat Protection Team)
Nord Security is a leading cybersecurity solutions provider with a product family of five advanced cybersecurity solutions: NordVPN, NordLayer, NordPass, NordLocker, and NordWL. We have one true goal - to give true online privacy and security to as many people as we can. NordVPN - the fastest VPN on the planet, built to protect your online traffic and privacy with next-generation encryption. The threat protection department is responsible for all of the cybersecurity features inside our products to secure our users from malicious actions and ensure customer privacy. To achieve the desired security goals, we are sharp and base our attitude on high ethical standards and integrity. The Threat Protection Team’s mission is encoded in its name - we provide threat protection software-defined solutions for our users. Our team is passionate about solving complex system, network, software development, automation, and programming-related riddles. Our projects vary from the privacy of the user to malware research.
What You Will Do
- Build QA functionality, tools and testing strategy for our software development kit and libraries;
- Develop test plans, cases, and automated tests, identify areas within our solution which require further testing and help design and set these tests up and participate in administering them;
- Perform manual testing when necessary as the first step in automated test creation;
- Collaborate with the development team to resolve software issues, and identify and cover edge cases - this role includes a lot of communication with the team;
- Make sure the tests run well on CI/CD.
What We Expect
- You can create multi-platform test automation frameworks;
- You have experience with GitLab, exposure to Agile and DevOps;
- You have been writing test cases, and test plans and have the competence to make sure the automated tests run smoothly on CI/CD;
- Experience with containerization/virtualization (Docker, Vagrant) is not mandatory, but highly desirable;
- You are a creative problem solver with great communication and analytical skills.
- You aren’t afraid of challenges and the unknown.