Apple Low Level Engineer (M/F/D)
Nord Security is a leading cybersecurity solutions provider with the product family of five advanced cybersecurity solutions: NordVPN, NordLayer, NordPass, NordLocker, and NordWL. We have one true goal - to give true online privacy and security to as many people as we can. NordVPN - fastest VPN on the planet, built to protect your online traffic and privacy with next-generation encryption. Our Apps team is all about hard work, modern technology stack, speed, a constant desire to learn, and above all, vigilance in keeping every last asset safe and sound. That's how we build top-notch cybersecurity solutions that people can trust. Bridge the gap between the Low-Level and Apple teams by helping the Apple team with integrations of cross-platform libraries, and by supporting the Low-Level team with in-depth Apple platform knowledge.
What You Will Do
- Develop and maintain Apple platform specific libraries;
- Collaborate closely with Low-level team on tracking the development of cross-platform libraries to provide insights on Apple platform capabilities and possible limitations, participate in debug sessions;
- Collaborate closely with Low-level team on ensuring continuous integration of cross-platform libraries into client apps (iOS, macOS);
- Own integration points (Swift wrappers, Network Extension) for cross-platform Low Level libraries, provide interfaces for integrating them into app projects;
- Closely collaborate with iOS and macOS teams to plan and prioritize efforts.
What We Expect
- Experience with C/C++ (Rust is a big plus);
- Experience with low-level development for Linux and/or macOS operating systems;
- Experience with writing UNIT/Integration tests;
- Experience with Apple APIs - Network Extension, XPC, System Extensions, Dynamic Store (bonus points);
- Networking knowledge - OSI Stack, previous experience in developing VPN solutions (bonus points);
- macOS/iOS development background, Swift programming experience. (bonus points).