Senior Front-end Engineer, Checkout System
Nord Security was born as a passion project, and our drive is reflected in our work, which has earned high praise from major tech outlets and cybersec experts. We want one thing only — to give true online privacy and security to as many people as we can. NordVPN is the world’s most trusted VPN service provider working on making the internet better for everyone. More than 14 million users enjoy a more open, private and secure access to all their favourite online resources. We believe that business can serve its users with smart and innovative use of modern web technology. We acknowledge that the core elements of success are the encouragement of professional growth and individual initiative as well as deep understanding of our users and business challenges. Our team uses number of modern frontend technologies, including TypeScript, React, Next.js Gatsby, Svelte, Webpack, Rollup, Node.js and we hold extremely high standard for code quality and follow best practices of the industry. We’re looking for a Senior Frontend Engineer to join our Web Apps Development team in Berlin to help build the next generation of Checkout System - the spearhead of user acquisition platform where the purchase of Nord Family products happen). Additionally, the team has custody of the User Control Panel (a go-to place to self-manage services and payment details). Your role will be crucial in defining the future of both products as well as solving complex business problems in a sustainable and reliable way.
What You Will Do
- Build a sophisticated Checkout System to support multiple products and use cases - think core eCommerce platform for scale;
- Create features to support layers of multi-dimensional personalisation, A/B experimentation, and analytics via Cloudflare Workers and your custom solutions;
- Develop and maintain a high-quality codebase;
- Seek to improve code and performance constantly;
- Mentor colleagues on web development best practices & provide technical guidance;
- Exercise influence on the overall vision and long-range goals of your team;
- Perform R&D operations whenever required;
- Collaborate with engineering, product and design professionals.
What We Expect
- Deep knowledge of web development, testing, and performance optimisation best practices;
- Proven experience in developing high quality and high-performance front-end web applications that run at scale;
- Team-spirited, proactive, and able to work in a fast-paced environment;
- Self-motivated and self-managing, with great organisational skills;
- Effective communication skills: present ideas, achieve consensus and buy-ins, communicate progress.
What We Offer
- Access to Nord Security products. We build solutions used by millions of users worldwide, and you’ll get to experience our products firsthand, at no charge;
- Professional growth. Internal and external events, online training, conferences, books - everything you need to reach full potential;
- Health benefits. Private health insurance, online workouts, consultations, programs to improve mental health to feel and be your best;
- Team spirit. Online team buildings and parties with games, shows, tastings, food coupons, gifts, and it’s on us;
- More free time. Stay with us and additional vacation days will be added to your calendar;
- Gross salary 4500 - 8000 EUR/month. The final offer will be based on your competence and experience!