Application Security Engineer (Remote Poland)
- Ensure software design security and define secure implementation practices;
- Determine threat models, perform risk analysis and mitigation workshops of any product change that may impact security;
- Show your reverse engineering skills in discovering security bugs in desktop/mobile applications, networking, and crypto components;
- Develop scripts, security automation tools to enhance application security testing processes;
- Perform application security scanning using SAST/DAST tools;
- Ensure mobile/desktop applications are sufficiently tested and support internal and external audits;
- Design and deliver training for security engineering awareness & adoption;
- Actively look for internal security gaps within the product or organization overall.
- Proven experience in mobile/desktop application security assessment planning, testing, methodologies, and vulnerability reporting;
- Proficiency using security scanners, fuzzers, static code analyzers, debuggers, and ability to perform manual security code audit;
- Work with stakeholders to define the scope of security tests and identify remediation actions to address any vulnerabilities identified;
- Knowledge of secure coding practices;
- Ability to quickly assimilate new technologies and tools;
- Sense of ownership with strong problem solving and investigation skills;
- Experience with different OS, e.g., Linux, Android, iOS, macOS, Windows;
- Ability to build and maintain relationships, influence key stakeholders across the business;
- Bonus points for community contributions like public CVEs, bug bounty recognition, open-source tools, blogs, etc.
After you apply
Our recruitment process differs depending on specific positions and/or hiring teams. However, it tends to include the following three main stages and usually don’t exceed any more than five steps.
Get to know
The goal of the first step is to get to know each other better. So during that, we talk more about the role and ask you to share your story.
We test each applicant's technical knowledge and problem-solving ability through various assessments.
Meet the team
The final step is for you to meet the team, discuss your task, and dig deeper into the role you’re applying for. If everyone’s happy with the result, the closing step will be the offer.
Nord Security is a world-leading cybersecurity solutions provider. We aim to shape a more trusted and peaceful online future for people everywhere. To achieve this goal, we’ve built a like-minded community of over 1000 cybersecurity and tech experts driven by Nord values. And we’re always looking to expand our team of: