Mid/Senior System Engineer (M/F/D)
Nord Security is a leading cybersecurity solutions provider with the product family of five advanced cybersecurity solutions: NordVPN, NordLayer, NordPass, NordLocker, and NordWL. We have one true goal - to give true online privacy and security to as many people as we can. NordVPN - fastest VPN on the planet, built to protect your online traffic and privacy with next-generation encryption. We're the ones behind the product, affecting and following how it changes. Providing support in the front row and delivering software-defined solutions are just some of our goals. Our Infrastructure team is passionate about solving complex system, storage, and network problems using automation and software-defined solutions. About the team - There are rumours that you can find part of our soul in almost every project. Some of them are NordSec, NordPass, NordLocker, NordVPN, Threat Protection, Payments, NSP, WebSec, InfoSec (and many more). Our goal is to provide a highly available, scalable, and fast platform for everyone and make the development and deployment process more effective and fast. Keep the system secure and stable.
What You Will Do
- Be a part of maintaining our servers;
- Be responsible for storing, processing, and delivering big amounts of data;
- Work on smart routing, balancing and security features;
- Develop and maintain CI/CD pipelines for various development teams;
- Collaborate with developers, product owners, and engineering managers to improve build, integration, and release processes;
- Manage and support a growing group of many various database, data processing, and web servers;
- Design and develop infrastructure. Troubleshoot and resolve issues in development, test, and production environments;
- Analyze systems/processes and initiate necessary improvements and changes;
- Create and update platform documentation;
- Continuously evaluate all processes for service improvements;
- New ideas and projects are always welcome!
What We Expect
- 3+ years of DevOps or similar engineering role experience;
- Experience with AWS and/or GCP;
- Experience with Ansible and/or Terraform;
- Experience with Kubernetes and microservice container orchestration concepts;
- Working knowledge of relational databases and SQL;
- Understanding of networking.
Nice To Have
- Experience with NoSQL solutions (Elasticsearch, Redis, Cassandra);
- Experience working with PCI DSS infrastructure;
- Understanding of information security concepts and frameworks;
- Knowledge of one of the following languages - Python / Golang / PHP;
- Experience with various message brokers - VerneMQ, RabbitMQ, Kafka.