Red Team Security Engineer (Senior)
Nord Security is a leading cybersecurity solutions provider with the product family of five advanced cybersecurity solutions: NordVPN, NordLayer, NordPass, NordLocker, and NordWL. We have one true goal - to give true online privacy and security to as many people as we can. NordVPN - fastest VPN on the planet, built to protect your online traffic and privacy with next-generation encryption Our Risk team’s purpose is to serve our global community by analyzing the risks, business, or security. We evaluate, rank and resolve them, and continue to monitor them afterwards. As our work extends across multiple areas, from business to IT, our team gets the privilege to witness the inner workings of building cybersecurity solutions.
What You Will Do
- Understand and conduct red team assessments against internal, public-facing, and cloud assets for Nord Security products;
- Create detailed engagement plans, execute operations, and emulate adversary Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures (TTPs);
- Incorporate current security trends, advisories, publications, and academic research;
- Thoroughly documenting timelines, attack paths, findings/gaps, and recommendations;
- Collaborate with service/systems owners, Group Security, SOC, and management layer to influence, prioritize, and drive the resolution of discovered security findings;
- Identify complex security vulnerabilities and build exploits.
What We Expect
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent and 5+ years of professional experience in cyber security or related field;
- Experience working on a remotely distributed team;
- Ability to translate complex findings into interpretable and simple outputs;
- Analytic sharpness and ability to think like a threat actor or attacker;
- Good knowledge of MITRE ATT&CK frameworkIntermediate knowledge of one or more programming or scripting languages;
- Extending or modifying exploits, shellcode, or exploit tools;
- Understanding of Unix/Linux/Mac/Windows operating systems, including bash and Powershell;
- Technical knowledge of systems in a multi-tenant, cloud environment;
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
What We Offer
- Access to Nord Security products. We build solutions used by millions of users worldwide, and you’ll get to experience our products firsthand;
- Professional growth. Internal and external events, online training, conferences, books - everything you need to reach full potential;
- Health benefits. Private health insurance, online and on-site workouts, consultations to feel and be your best;
- Mental wellbeing. Access to mental health tools like Calm, Headspace, and Mindletic. Options for therapy to keep your emotional wellbeing in check;
- Team spirit. Team buildings and parties with games, shows, tastings, food coupons, and gifts, and it’s on us;
- More free time. Stay with us and additional vacation days will be added to your calendar;
- Additional paid leave. Additional days are covered by us in cases of illness or special occasions;
- Flexibility. Flexible working time arrangement;
- Gross salary 2800 - 5600 EUR/month.