Application Security Specialist
Nord Security was born as a passion project, and our drive is reflected in our work, which has earned high praise from major tech outlets and cybersec experts. We want one thing only — to give true online privacy and security to as many people as we can. NordVPN is the fastest VPN and the most trusted online security solution on the planet. NordVPN protects your internet traffic with next-generation encryption, being the preferred tool of activists and privacy-conscious individuals around the globe. We're the ones behind the product, affecting and following how it changes. Providing support in the front row and delivering software-defined solutions are just some of our goals. Our team is passionate about solving complex system, storage, and network problems using automation and software-defined solutions.
What You Will Do
- Ensure software design security and define secure implementation practices;
- Determine threat models, perform risk analysis and mitigation workshops of any product change that may impact security;
- Show your reverse engineering skills in discovering security bugs in desktop/mobile applications, networking, and crypto components;
- Develop scripts, security automation tools to enhance application security testing processes;
- Perform application security scanning using SAST/DAST tools;
- Ensure mobile/desktop applications are sufficiently tested and support internal and external audits;
- Design and deliver training for security engineering awareness & adoption;
- Actively look for internal security gaps within the product or organization overall.
What We Expect
- Proven experience in mobile/desktop application security assessment planning, testing, methodologies, and vulnerability reporting;
- Proficiency using security scanners, fuzzers, static code analyzers, debuggers, and ability to perform manual security code audit;
- Work with stakeholders to define the scope of security tests and identify remediation actions to address any vulnerabilities identified;
- Knowledge of secure coding practices;
- Ability to quickly assimilate new technologies and tools;
- Sense of ownership with strong problem solving and investigation skills;
- Experience with different OS, e.g., Linux, Android, iOS, macOS, Windows;
- Ability to build and maintain relationships, influence key stakeholders across the business;
- Bonus points for community contributions like public CVEs, bug bounty recognition, open-source tools, blogs, etc.
What We Offer
- Access to Nord Security products. We build solutions used by millions of users worldwide, and you’ll get to experience our products firsthand, at no charge.
- Professional growth. Internal and external events, online training, conferences, books - everything you need to reach full potential.
- Health benefits. Private health insurance, online workouts, consultations, programs to improve mental health to feel and be your best.
- Team spirit. Online team buildings and parties with games, shows, tastings, food coupons, gifts, and it’s on us.
- More free time. Stay with us and additional vacation days will be added to your calendar.
- Salary. Gross salary from 1900 to 5600 EUR/month.