Engineering Manager (Operations)
Nord Security is a leading cybersecurity solutions provider with the product family of five advanced cybersecurity solutions: NordVPN, NordLayer, NordPass, NordLocker, and NordWL. We have one true goal - to give true online privacy and security to as many people as we can. NordLocker is a zero-knowledge encryption tool with a private, end-to-end encrypted cloud. State-of-the-art cryptography provides security, while outstanding usability ensures that anyone, no matter their skill level, can enjoy the benefits of privacy. As data leaks and ransomware threaten everyone, we challenge ourselves to provide leading data security tools for businesses and individuals.
What You Will Do
- Analyze, propose and manage budgets, technologies, and resources to ensure production support according to SLAs and SLOs;
- Plan strategies for IT operations, on schedule and on budget;
- Prioritize, delegate, and supervise all engineers’ activities and deliverables;
- Provide input in operational decisions and solutions;
- Contribute to processes and tooling improvements (incident, problem management, ITSM tools, monitoring, etc..);
- Track operations metrics and quality within the squad and strive to improve them;
- Ensure documentation is up to date and being maintained;
- Together with other Engineering managers and the Head of Development align the processes used within the teams;
- Assist team and drive research process when needed for new features;
- Maintain internal standards such as code style, maintainability, scalability, testability;
- Consult PO(s) and team members on the best technical/available solution for the problem;
- Be able to make final decisions, when necessary, and deal with risk, change, and uncertainty.
What We Expect
- Deep hands-on expertise in IT Operations;
- Solid software development background including design patterns, data structures, test-driven development;
- Experience in supporting/maintaining web services and highly scalable applications;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Managed a team of 10+ engineers;
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations;
- 3+ years of experience working with AWS services (a big advantage).
What We Offer
- Access to Nord Security products. We build solutions used by millions of users worldwide, and you’ll get to experience our products firsthand;
- Professional growth. Internal and external events, online training, conferences, books - everything you need to reach full potential;
- Health benefits. Private health insurance, online and on-site workouts, consultations to feel and be your best;
- Mental wellbeing. Access to mental health tools like Calm, Headspace, and Mindletic. Options for therapy to keep your emotional wellbeing in check;
- Team spirit. Team buildings and parties with games, shows, tastings, food coupons, gifts, and it’s on us;
- More free time. Stay with us and additional vacation days will be added to your calendar;
- Additional paid leave. Additional days are covered by us in cases of illness or special occasions;
- Flexibility. Flexible working time arrangement;
- Salary. Gross salary - 5950 - 7760 EUR/month.