Product Counsel (B2B products)
Nord Security is a leading cybersecurity solutions provider with the product family of five advanced cybersecurity solutions: NordVPN, NordLayer, NordPass, NordLocker, and NordWL. We have one true goal - to give true online privacy and security to as many people as we can.’ Our legal team is the one overlooking every law-related detail and angle. We take on any challenge, and neither common nor continental law intimidates us. As we work across multiple areas, from business to IT, our team gets the privilege to see all the inner workings of building advanced cybersecurity solutions. So, if there are no further objections, we welcome you to join our team. You will be a part of a legal team working with all Nord Security’s business products (NordLayer, NordPass Business, NordLocker Business, NordWL). You will be acting as a product counsel and thus your area of focus will be all product-related legal matters - from commercial agreements to marketing and regulatory topics. Quite usually, you will act as a problem-solver for your colleagues from different business departments. You will report directly to the Lead Product Counsel (B2B).
What You Will Do
- Providing daily legal advice on various commercial, marketing, and regulatory law issues;
- Drafting, reviewing, and negotiating a variety of commercial agreements (direct sales, e.g., MSAs, SLAs, T&Cs, also indirect sales, e.g., distribution, MSP, agency, reselling, as well as marketing, e.g., regarding influencers, podcasts, marketing affiliates, events, and similar agreements);
- Being a legal problem solver for the business products’ teams, researching and evaluating different legal issues and risk factors, and providing strategic advice to teams to ensure compliance;
- Advising on the current features of B2B products as well as new initiatives, providing business-oriented practical advice and risk mitigation strategies on their compliance with relevant legislation across multiple jurisdictions;
- Assisting with most complex customer requests that cannot be resolved solely by Nord Security customer care specialists;
- Assisting in drafting playbooks, policies, procedures, and internal training;
- Keeping up with market developments, proactively contributing your ideas, and working closely with other lawyers of the legal team and various stakeholders at Nord Security.
What we expect
- 3+ years of relevant experience (experience with the tech sector would be an advantage);
- Good understanding of commercial and marketing and a proven ability to provide and coordinate legal guidance across a wide range of legal issues in various jurisdictions;
- Master’s degree in Law;
- Experience drafting and negotiating complex agreements (experience with different types of sales agreements would be advantageous);
- Strong logical thinking, analytical skills, and business-mindedness;
- Keen interest in technology & innovation;
- Fluent in verbal and written English;
- Being a good team player but also able to work independently;
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and manage multiple projects in a dynamic, fast-paced environment;
- Experience working in a diverse and international environment;
- A sense of adventure and willingness to stay nimble and learn new things;
- Knowledge of IP/IT and software regulatory laws would be an advantage.
What We Offer
- Access to Nord Security products. We build solutions used by millions of users worldwide, and you’ll get to experience our products firsthand;
- Professional growth. Internal and external events, online training, conferences, books - everything you need to reach full potential;
- Health benefits. Private health insurance, online and on-site workouts, consultations to feel and be your best;
- Mental wellbeing. Access to mental health tools like Calm, Headspace, and Mindletic. Options for therapy to keep your emotional wellbeing in check;
- Team spirit. Team buildings and parties with games, shows, tastings, food coupons, gifts, and it’s on us;
- More free time. Stay with us and additional vacation days will be added to your calendar;
- Additional paid leave. Additional days are covered by us in cases of illness or special occasions;
- Flexibility. Flexible working time arrangement;
- Gross salary 1820 - 4130 EUR/month.