Staff Engineer (Backend)
- Support NordPass squads in high-level architectural designs for complex systems, considering scalability, reliability, security, and maintainability;
- Participate in large, strategic tech initiatives, such as migration to an event-driven architecture, applications modularity, automation testing, continuous delivery implementation, and more;
- Promote documentation culture. Maintain technical documents, including diagrams and specs, for clear system understanding by all stakeholders;
- Analyze and troubleshoot complex technical problems, using various tools and techniques to identify root causes (including documenting handbooks for future reference) and help squads design practical solutions to eliminate them for long-term;
- Support the implementation of automated testing frameworks across the organization to ensure the software is reliable and robust;
- Continuously monitor system performance, identify improvement areas and risky vulnerabilities, and implement changes to optimize performance;
- Help the teams to identify and overcome technical debt and issues that reduce productivity;
- Handle frequent context switches to drive and support the most important initiatives at the time in NordPass;
- Mentorship for backend engineers, helping them grow, deal with responsibilities, overcome obstacles, and remove blockers;
- Continuously report and advise the senior leadership team in planning and designing the technology roadmap;
- Be an ambassador for the NordPass brand and partner in hiring our Talent Acquisition Team.
- Contribute to the technical assessment process for hiring.
- Deep experience in microservices architecture and distributed systems;
- Understanding of event-based systems and messaging patterns (and an eagerness to share your knowledge in event-driven architecture);
- 2+ years of .NET ecosystem is a must;
- Experience with at least one of the following cloud providers: AWS, Azure, GCP;
- Experience in solving database performance and reliability issues;
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Ability and openness to learn, fail, reflect, and apply learnings moving forward;
- You are highly motivated to develop high-quality solutions quickly and without mentorship.
Bonus Points For
- Knowledge of additional architecture patterns: CQRS, event-sourcing, etc.;
- Experience with one or more programming languages for implementing Backend systems (Go, PHP, Java/Kotlin/Scala);
- Leading investigations into production incidents, from identifying the root cause and post mortems;
- Driving initiatives in decoupling monolithic architecture into microservices.
After you apply
Our recruitment process differs depending on specific positions and/or hiring teams. However, it tends to include the following three main stages and usually doesn’t exceed any more than five steps.
Get to know
The goal of the first step is to get to know each other better. So during that, we talk more about the role and ask you to share your story.
We test each applicant's technical knowledge and problem-solving ability through various assessments.
Meet the team
The final step is for you to meet the team, discuss your task, and dig deeper into the role you’re applying for. If everyone’s happy with the result, the closing step will be the offer.
Nord Security is a world-leading cybersecurity solutions provider. We aim to shape a more trusted and peaceful online future for people everywhere. To achieve this goal, we’ve built a like-minded community of over 1000 cybersecurity and tech experts driven by Nord values. And we’re always looking to expand our team of: