Junior Android Developer
Nord Security is a leading cybersecurity solutions provider with the product family of five advanced cybersecurity solutions: NordVPN, NordLayer, NordPass, NordLocker, and NordWL. We have one true goal - to give true online privacy and security to as many people as we can. NordVPN - fastest VPN on the planet, built to protect your online traffic and privacy with next-generation encryption. Our Apps team is all about hard work, modern technology stack, speed, a constant desire to learn, and above all, vigilance in keeping every last asset safe and sound. That's how we build top-notch cybersecurity solutions that people can trust.
What You Will Do
- You will contribute to the development effort for NordVPN for Android devices. This includes interacting with our existing backend REST APIs, providing feedback based on mobile needs, and working with our web, backend, and low-level teams to build new features. You will also coordinate with our Product Owners and QA/Support team to analyze our Android apps and assist with debugging them.
- Be a part of a rapidly growing programming team that consists of senior engineers with a Kotlin background.
- Stay up to date with cutting-edge tools to ensure the excellent quality of the code. It’s all about that code!
What We Expect
- We understand that people come from all backgrounds, and it is our goal to ensure that anyone with an aptitude and love for code can start their career with us. Therefore you need to have at least 1 of the following: a coding project to show from your university, a side-project code to show or an experience of 1 year working with Android Development;
- Knowledge of Git or other source control;
- Some proficiency in Kotlin/Java;
- An eagerness to learn, but also as much of an eagerness to pass on your learnt knowledge to others;
- Interest in cybersecurity.
- Understanding of MVVM Clean architecture, and RxJava;
- Knowledge of the latest trends and libraries in the Android ecosystem;
- Experience in writing unit tests;
- Knowledge of Android APIs and SDK;
- Networking knowledge - OSI Stack, any experience in developing VPN solutions;
- Experience working with large codebases;
- Experience with Agile methodologies and processes.
What We Offer
- Access to Nord Security products. We build solutions used by millions of users worldwide, and you’ll get to experience our products firsthand;
- Professional growth. Internal and external events, online training, conferences, books - everything you need to reach full potential;
- Health benefits. Private health insurance, online and on-site workouts, consultations to feel and be your best;
- Mental wellbeing. Access to mental health tools like Calm, Headspace, and Mindletic. Options for therapy to keep your emotional wellbeing in check;
- Team spirit. Team buildings and parties with games, shows, tastings, food coupons, gifts, and it’s on us;
- More free time. Stay with us and additional vacation days will be added to your calendar;
- Additional paid leave. Additional days are covered by us in cases of illness or special occasions;
- Flexibility. Flexible working time arrangement;
- Gross salary 1650 - 3140 EUR/month.