Engineering Manager (Web&Buy Squad) (Remote Poland)
Nord Security is a leading cybersecurity solutions provider with the product family of five advanced cybersecurity solutions: NordVPN, NordLayer, NordPass, NordLocker, and NordWL. We have one true goal - to give true online privacy and security to as many people as we can. NordPass is a password manager designed with our users in mind — from its simplicity to security. Built with zero-knowledge architecture, NordPass lets you safely access passwords, notes, and even credit card information anywhere, at any time. At NordPass, we’re hardworking and passionate about growing and scaling our product. We base our decisions on data and numbers while constantly changing and experimenting with new ideas to build a more reliable solution for our users. NordLocker is the world’s first end-to-end encrypted cloud with a file encryption tool. State-of-the-art cryptography provides security, while outstanding usability ensures that anyone, no matter their skill level, can enjoy the benefits of privacy. As data leaks and ransomware threaten everyone, we challenge ourselves to provide leading data security tools for businesses and individuals. Our Web & Buy teams are looking for an Engineering Manager who is willing to help teams provide the best solutions within the marketing area. As an Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for the 2 teams that are very close to each other by nature. Responsibilities include planning deliverables, engineering's growth, risk management, process improvements, and technical direction. We are always looking for a way to optimize our organization.
What You Will Do
- Lead 2 cross-functional teams that consists of 8 engineers in total and organize a work based on the product’s & engineering’s roadmaps;
- Keep a high bar of technical excellence by providing a quality product;
- Help our engineers grow by coaching them, discussing and agreeing career development plans, setting expectations and providing constructive feedback;
- Analyze, propose technologies and resources for deliveries;
- Plan strategies for the development of designs and products on schedule and on budget;
- Track delivery & quality metrics within the team and strive to improve them;
- Help the team identify technical debt and issues, prioritize & plan it as part of the delivery process;
- Assist team and drive research process when there is a need for new features;
- Consult team members on the best technical/available solution for the problem;
- Communicate and collaborate with other Engineering Managers, Product Owners and stakeholders in order to deliver planned goals.
What We Expect
- Solid experience in supporting software engineers’ growth by providing necessary support via day-to-day activities, 1-1 meetings, career development plans, and feedback loops;
- Attention to details and ability to challenge status quo to gain better efficiency;
- Ownership of deliverables that are aligned with OKRs;
- Final decision-making, when necessary, dealing with risk, change, and uncertainty;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations;
- Experience in building scalable and reliable systems.