Senior Data Scientist
Nord Security is a leading cybersecurity solutions provider with a product family of five advanced cybersecurity solutions: NordVPN, NordLayer, NordPass, NordLocker, and NordWL. We have one true goal - to give true online privacy and security to as many people as we can. NordVPN - the fastest VPN on the planet, built to protect your online traffic and privacy with next-generation encryption. The threat protection department is responsible for all of the cybersecurity features inside our products to secure our users from malicious actions and ensure customer privacy. To achieve the desired security goals, we are sharp and base our attitude on high ethical standards and integrity. The Threat Protection Team’s mission is encoded in its name - we provide threat protection software-defined solutions for our users. Our team is passionate about solving complex system, network, software development, automation, and programming-related riddles. Our projects vary from the privacy of the user to malware research.
What You Will Do
- Design solutions to problems while researching, debugging, analyzing data using different data sources;
- Create scalable & reliable code, as well as write documentation for the parts that you’ve contributed to or explored;
- Research, develop & deliver data science solutions to production;
- Develops custom ML metrics that would help to monitor model performance;
- Analyze validation/testing results, explain them and improve model design accordingly;
- Plan the deliverables with the team members;
- Constant communication about the progress;
- Suggest improvements of current solutions.
What We Expect
- At least 3 years of experience of data science or mathematical modeling;
- Solid knowledge of statistics (e.g., Monte Carlo, hypothesis testing, bootstrap, Bayesian inference);
- In-depth knowledge and hands-on experience in machine learning algorithms: linear regression, random forest, gradient boosted trees, neural networks, k-means, etc.;
- Proficiency in Python and hands-on experience of the PyData stack (e.g., Pandas, Numpy, MatPlotLib) for analytics/machine learning;
- Excellent problem solving skills (researching, debugging, instrumentation);
- Ability to break down and prioritize work, make informed decisions about which tools and algorithms to use for specific problems;
- Team-driven mentality and ability to collaborate with other colleagues, as well as ownership;
- Willingness to explore and grow - and even mentor others.
What We Offer
- Access to Nord Security products. We build solutions used by millions of users worldwide, and you’ll get to experience our products firsthand;
- Professional growth. Internal and external events, online training, conferences, books - everything you need to reach full potential;
- Health benefits. Private health insurance, online and on-site workouts, consultations to feel and be your best;
- Mental wellbeing. Access to mental health tools like Calm, Headspace, and Mindletic. Options for therapy to keep your emotional wellbeing in check;
- Team spirit. Team buildings and parties with games, shows, tastings, food coupons, gifts, and it’s on us;
- More free time. Stay with us and additional vacation days will be added to your calendar;
- Additional paid leave. Additional days are covered by us in cases of illness or special occasions;
- Flexibility. Flexible working time arrangement;
- Gross salary. 3300 - 6610 EUR/month.