Nord Security is a leading cybersecurity solutions provider with a product family of five advanced cybersecurity solutions: NordVPN, NordLayer, NordPass, NordLocker, and NordWL. We have one true goal - to give true online privacy and security to as many people as we can. NordVPN - the fastest VPN on the planet, built to protect your online traffic and privacy with next-generation encryption. Our Threat Protection team combines its expertise and innovative approach to develop advanced, trustworthy products for our users. We acknowledge that success starts with having the right people in the right place. Currently, we’re looking for new team members to join us. The Threat Protection Team’s mission is encoded in its name - we provide threat protection software-defined solutions for our users. Our team is passionate about solving complex systems, network, software development, automation, and programming-related riddles. Our projects vary from the privacy of the user to malware protection. The team writes code that is deployed at scale, serving hundreds of thousands of customers worldwide. That sounds like the challenge you were looking for - read on!
What You Will Do
- Build, coach, and serve a high-performing team of engineers by coaching, mentoring, feedback, and hands-on career development;
- Introduce tools and processes to make our engineer’s lives better;
- Play an active part in shaping product based on what's technically possible;
- Thrive in a fast-paced, iterative engineering environment and implement your previous experience in delivering scalable systems;
- Make sure our company hits our ambitious goals from an engineering standpoint;
- Bring a passion for meeting business needs with building technically innovative solutions and excel at shifting between the two - understanding how big-picture goals inform technical details, and vice-versa.;
- Enable the team to deliver high-impact, high-value product changes;
- Work together with product teams and other stakeholders to create flows and systems that handle complex engineering efforts;
- Support the further development of an excellent engineering culture guided by our company values and engineering principles;
- Aligning with other engineering teams, making sure you stay on top of changes both internally and externally so your team works in sync with other teams;
- Collaborating between engineering managers and tech leads across the organization to create symbiotic development alignment.
What We Expect
- Software development experience, delivering solutions and products, working with an engineering manager model before;
- Solid foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in algorithms, data structures, software design, and building large systems;
- Excellency at planning, creating teams and overseeing execution to meet commitments and deliver with predictability;
- Demonstrated track record of managing a team, including hiring, onboarding, and professional development: you're as good at explaining "why" as you are "how";
- Experience in implementing tools, processes, internal instrumentation, methodologies and resolving blockages;
- Ability to manage teams/projects with tight deadlines and short release cycles;
- Experience with Windows APIs, networking, and/or Internet security is a great plus;
- Familiarity working with C/C++/Go would be a great bonus.
What We Offer
- Access to Nord Security products. We build solutions used by millions of users worldwide, and you’ll get to experience our products firsthand;
- Professional growth. Internal and external events, online training, conferences, books - everything you need to reach your full potential;
- Health benefits. Private health insurance, online and on-site workouts, consultations to feel and be your best;
- Mental wellbeing. Access to mental health tools like Calm, Headspace, and Mindletic. Options for therapy to keep your emotional well-being in check;
- Team spirit. Team buildings and parties with games, shows, tastings, food coupons, gifts, and it’s on us;
- More free time. Stay with us, and additional vacation days will be added to your calendar;
- Additional paid leave. Additional days are covered by us in cases of illness or special occasions;
- Flexibility. Flexible working time arrangement;
- Gross salary 4960 - 7935 EUR/month.