Mid-Senior UI Designer (Design System) (Warsaw)
Nord Security is a leading cybersecurity solutions provider with the product family of five advanced cybersecurity solutions: NordVPN, NordLayer, NordPass, NordLocker, and NordWL. We have one true goal - to give true online privacy and security to as many people as we can. NordVPN - fastest VPN on the planet, built to protect your online traffic and privacy with next-generation encryption. Our Front-end team works with a variety of technologies. We hold high standards for code quality and apply the Agile development principles and practices for incremental releases. We are highly focused and eager to share our knowledge in-house or at various conferences outside the company. We’re looking for a Mid or Senior UI Designer to join a new Design System team. You will help shape and build a design system that makes the core of a NordVPN user acquisition platform. Your role will be crucial in building a sustainable and scalable UI system and CMS integration that provides the best user experience for our users as well as web content managers. You will collaborate closely with engineers, the brand team and onboard and support designers and content managers across marketing teams.
What You Will Do
- Create Design system and web building blocks that will allow designers and front-end engineers to focus on product-level problems and ship high-quality work efficiently and consistently;
- Help shape the design system to enable other designers, and front-end engineers to do their best work;
- Closely collaborate with developers and designers to define problems and goals;
- Provide guidelines and documentation that connects and resonates with the teams using our design systems;
- Communicate and present the rationale of your design solutions to all stakeholders;
- Be the design ambassador. Articulate design decisions to product design, brand design, engineering, and product.
What We Expect
- At least 3 years of web design experience;
- Ability to make the best use of design systems, to have maintained and/or created a design system in the past;
- Excellent visual and interaction design skills;
- Experience in building websites based on design systems;
- Understanding of web building blocks and information architecture;
- Thinking in systems: you can see how all parts fit together, and how a small change can propagate throughout the system;
- Understanding of how your designs will be implemented, and the ability to collaborate with design technologists to add them to the system;
- Expertise with Figma.