Nord Security was born as a passion project, and our drive is reflected in our work, which has earned high praise from major tech outlets and cybersec experts. We want one thing only — to give true online privacy and security to as many people as we can. NordVPN is the fastest VPN and the most trusted online security solution on the planet. NordVPN protects your internet traffic with next-generation encryption, being the preferred tool of activists and privacy-conscious individuals around the globe. We're the ones behind the product, affecting and following how it changes. Providing support in the front row and delivering software-defined solutions are just some of our goals. Our team is passionate about solving complex system, storage, and network problems using automation and software-defined solutions.
What You Will Do
- Lead a team of passionate, talented engineers who are building innovative cybersecurity products that reach millions of users each day;
- Introduce tools and processes to make our engineer’s lives better;
- Play an active part in shaping product based on what's technically possible;
- Thrive in a fast-paced iterative engineering environment and implement your previous experience in delivering scalable systems;
- Make sure our company hits our ambitious goals from an engineering standpoint;
- Track record of having past teams respect you as both a technical leader and manager;
- Bring a passion for meeting business needs with building technically innovative solutions and excel at shifting between the two - understanding how big-picture goals inform technical details, and vice-versa.
What We Expect
- 3+ years of experience in engineering management;
- Solid foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in algorithms, data structures, software design, and building large systems;
- Excellency at planning, creating teams and overseeing execution to meet commitments and deliver with predictability;
- Demonstrated track record of managing a team including hiring, onboarding, and professional development: you're as good as explaining "why" as you are "how";
- Experience in implementing tools, process, internal instrumentation, methodologies and resolving blockages;
- Ability to manage teams/projects with tight deadlines and short release cycles;
- Experience with VPNs and/or Internet security is a great plus;
- Familiarity working with C/C++/Go/Rust would be a great bonus.
What We Offer
- Great conditions for work - flexible hours, separate workspaces for teams, no unnecessary distractions;
- Top-notch technologies and tools to work on world-renowned products;
- Need to unwind? We have what you need: chill zone, F-1 simulator, table tennis, foosball, basketball, xbox, and more;
- Professional in-house physiotherapist who will help you take care of your health;
- Always fully stocked kitchen to fuel your productivity;
- Professional growth opportunities (training courses of your choice, books, conferences, business trips, etc.);
- Awesome team. Seriously - the best! We do regular internal events, knowledge sharing talks, team retreats & workation trips like nobody else;
- Gross salary from 4100 to 6600 EUR/month. Keep in mind that we are open to discuss a different salary based on your skills and competences.