ETL Engineer (Financial data)
Nord Security was born as a passion project, and our drive is reflected in our work, which has earned praise from major tech outlets and cybersec experts. We want one thing only — to give true online privacy and security to as many people as we can. NordVPN is the fastest VPN and the most trusted online security solution on the planet. NordVPN protects your internet traffic with next-generation encryption, being the preferred tool of activists and privacy-conscious individuals around the globe. We are looking for a data engineer with preferably Python skills (however Java, Go, PHP, etc. will do the job) and SQL knowledge to write, test, and debug a growing codebase of financial data ETL activities to support Record to Report business demands. We operate at a global scale and that requires us to know how to deal with large amounts of data, huge databases, and backend services.
What You Will Do:
- Develop and maintain code for Financial data ETL solutions;
- Cooperate with infrastructure administrators to ensure effective CI/CD and operation of ETL process;
- Cooperate with data analysts/architects to effectively fulfill business requirements;
- Support data users in daily data consumption matters.
What We Expect:
- 2+ years of data ETL experience;
- Codebase management skills using Git;
- Practical knowledge of code testing tools;
- Experience working with Google Cloud Platform;
- General understanding of financial accounting data;
- Understanding of relational databases;
- Demonstrable experience of using SQL and/or mainstream scripting engine to interrogate large data sets;
- Understanding of data architecture;
- Have the ability to explain information clearly to an audience from both technical and non-technical backgrounds.
What we offer:
- Access to any tools of your choice required to perform your duty;
- Huge internal IT professionals community to fuel your growth (not to mention all standard perks: internal and external events, online training, conferences, books - you name it);
- Freedom not to follow the path if it leads to quicker or better results;
- Access to Nord Security products. We build solutions used by millions of users worldwide, and you’ll get to experience our products firsthand, at no charge;
- Health benefits. Private health insurance, online workouts, consultations, programs to improve mental health to feel and be your best;
- Team spirit. Online team buildings and parties with games, shows, tastings, food coupons, gifts, and it’s on us;
- More free time. Stay with us and additional vacation days will be added to your calendar;
- Salary. Gross salary from 1950 - 4600EUR/month.