Engineering Manager - Android team
Nord Security was born as a passion project, and our drive is reflected in our work, which has earned high praise from major tech outlets and cybersec experts. We want one thing only — to give true online privacy and security to as many people as we can. NordVPN is the fastest VPN and the most trusted online security solution on the planet. NordVPN protects your internet traffic with next-generation encryption, being the preferred tool of activists and privacy-conscious individuals around the globe. Our apps team is all about hard work, modern technology stack, speed, a constant desire to learn, and above all, vigilance in keeping every last asset safe and sound. That's how we build top-notch cybersecurity solutions that people can trust.
What You Will Do
- Lead rapidly growing programming language team that consists of senior engineers with Java/Kotlin background;
- Plan how issues are addressed;
- Get your hands dirty while preparing solutions and see how the world reacts to your teams invention.
What We Expect
- We are looking for an experienced Technology Leader who has built and led technical teams;
- All of our leaders are hands-on with coding and architecture so we will expect you to be technically savvy having a proven track record of working with large-scale distributed systems (multi-tier architectures, application security, monitoring and storage systems) as well as good programming skills in Java/Kotlin and an ability to pick up new ones;
- You will enjoy being hands on but also capable of big picture and your results focused approach will enable us to get results at scale and pace;
- Don't worry if you don't tick all the boxes we would still be interested in hearing from you!
What We Offer
- Great work conditions - flexible hours, separate workspaces for teams, no distractions;
- Top-notch technologies and tools to work with;
- If you need a break, we have a Chill zone, F-1 simulator, table tennis, foosball, basketball, Xbox available for everyone;
- Professional in-house physiotherapist for your health needs;
- Fully stocked kitchen to fuel your productivity;
- Professional growth opportunities (training courses of your choice, books, global conferences, business trips, etc.);
- Internal events, knowledge sharing talks, team retreats, workation trips & a team of experts to learn from.
- Gross salary - 3300 EUR/month. Keep in mind that we are open to discuss a different salary based on your skills and competences.