Android Staff Engineer
- Support NordPass squads in high-level architectural designs for complex systems, considering scalability, reliability, security, and maintainability;
- Participate in large, strategic tech initiatives, such as app architecture, modularity, automation testing, and CI/CD implementation;
- Foster documentation culture across the organization. Maintain technical documentation, such as architecture diagrams and design specifications, to ensure all stakeholders understand the system design clearly;
- Analyze and troubleshoot complex technical problems, using various tools and techniques to identify root causes (including documenting handbooks for future reference) and help squads design practical solutions to mitigate them long-term;
- Support the implementation of automated testing frameworks across the organization to ensure the software is reliable and robust;
- Continuously monitor system performance, identify improvement areas and risky vulnerabilities, and implement changes to optimize performance;
- Help the team to identify and overcome technical debt and issues that reduce productivity;
- Expect frequent context switches to drive and support the most important initiatives at the time in NordPass;
- Mentorship for Android engineering members, helping them grow, deal with responsibilities, overcome obstacles, and remove blockers;
- Continuously report and advise the senior leadership team in planning and designing the technology roadmap;
- Be an ambassador for the NordSecurity brand and partner in hiring our Talent Acquisition Team. Contribute to the technical assessment process for hiring.
- At least 5+ years of extensive Android development;
- Fluent with Kotlin, MVVM Clean architecture, and RxJava';
- Experience with Koin and Dagger;
- Knowledge of the latest trends and libraries in the Android ecosystem;
- Excellent knowledge of Android APIs and SDK;
- Proven experience in high-level architectural designs and decisions;
- Ability to work in fast-paced environments and switch focus to different topics/challenges;
- Effective communication while mentoring, collaborating, and managing stakeholders.
Bonus Points For
- Experience working with large codebases;
- Active participation in tech communities, events, conferences, etc.;
- Interest in cybersecurity.
- Gross Salary 5455 - 7270 EUR/Month.
After you apply
Our recruitment process differs depending on specific positions and/or hiring teams. However, it tends to include the following three main stages and usually don’t exceed any more than five steps.
Get to know
The goal of the first step is to get to know each other better. So during that, we talk more about the role and ask you to share your story.
We test each applicant's technical knowledge and problem-solving ability through various assessments.
Meet the team
The final step is for you to meet the team, discuss your task, and dig deeper into the role you’re applying for. If everyone’s happy with the result, the closing step will be the offer.
Nord Security is a world-leading cybersecurity solutions provider. We aim to shape a more trusted and peaceful online future for people everywhere. To achieve this goal, we’ve built a like-minded community of over 1000 cybersecurity and tech experts driven by Nord values. And we’re always looking to expand our team of: