Mid - Senior Software Engineer (Threat Protection Team) (M/F/D)
Nord Security is a leading cybersecurity solutions provider with the product family of five advanced cybersecurity solutions: NordVPN, NordLayer, NordPass, NordLocker, and NordWL. We have one true goal - to give true online privacy and security to as many people as we can. NordVPN - fastest VPN on the planet, built to protect your online traffic and privacy with next-generation encryption. The Threat Protection Team’s mission is encoded in its name - we provide threat protection software-defined solutions for our users. Our team is passionate about solving complex system, network, software development, automation, and programming-related riddles. Our projects vary from the privacy of the user to malware research.
What You Will Do
- Be part of a team delivering threat protection functionality for the NordVPN application and increase our customers' digital security;
- Develop new software functionalities or improve the quality of the current ones - review, optimize, debug and extend;
- Dig deep into a wide range of software types: drivers, system extensions, libraries, tools, native applications;
- Test your work (applying any methods you see fit);
- Do code reviews, and provide valuable feedback on performance, logic, and maintenance issues to ensure code-level consistency.
What We Expect
- Experience with C/C++, Go, or Rust and willingness to learn the rest;
- Object-Oriented Programming (OOP) and Object-Oriented Design (OOD) mindset;
- Some Network stack knowledge and low-level programming experience in general;
- Windows API and Kernel experience;
- A high sense of responsibility and ownership: you care about the quality of your work and want to get better at it continuously;
- Open communication style and transparency;
- Positive attitude towards feedback, new ideas, self-improvement, and others;
- Apple/Mac/Linux expertise is a plus.