Mid Manual QA engineer (M/F/D)
Nord Security is a leading cybersecurity solutions provider with the product family of five advanced cybersecurity solutions: NordVPN, NordLayer, NordPass, NordLocker, and NordWL. We have one true goal - to give true online privacy and security to as many people as we can. NordVPN - fastest VPN on the planet, built to protect your online traffic and privacy with next-generation encryption. We are a medium-sized team of up to 20 people where everyone is working on different but connected projects. Yet we strive to maintain our Core QA guild, where we build camaraderie and share ideas, and experiences. Good product quality, a positive atmosphere, and strong teamwork are some of our main values. We look for curious and creative thinkers, eager to learn all manner of technical things, to join our ranks. Apply if you think it's you.
What You Will Do
- Work closely with product managers, developers, and other QA team members in ensuring high-quality products;
- Apply Agile principles effectively in day-to-day activities;
- Write manual and later automated tests to conduct complex functional- integration tests to confirm that the acceptance criteria have been met;
- Advocate for product quality within a cross-functional development team;
- Support, maintain and improve all related test cases;
- Contribute to identifying testing strategies and driving their implementation together with QA Guild;
- Perform functional testing in WEB/desktop applications, or/and back-end systems (depends on project);
- Ensure that the product is at a high-quality level for deployment;
- Report software defects and work across multiple development teams to resolve them;
- Training and mentoring less senior team members would be very welcome;
- Making our release process as smooth as possible with the best quality;
- Make decisions regarding automation (later in the project);
- Lots of space for your own ideas and creations.
What We Expect
- At least 2 years of experience in quality assurance (frontend, backend, web applications testing);
- Good verbal and written communication skills, written and spoken English;
- Experience in test case design & management;
- Familiarity with management tools (like Jira, Confluence, etc.);
- Quick understanding of complex technical systems/structures;
- A desire for quality in each and all aspects of the shippable product;
- Experience with Agile/Kanban (or similar) methodologies and understanding how to work in dev teams;
- Pride in their work.
- Core API testing experience;
- Virtualization, Gitlab, Jenkins tools experience;
- Experience using NodeJS;
- Experience with Docker, Postman, BrowserStack/BrowserStack connect, Figma, and Selenium would be a big plus.