Application Security Engineer
Nord Security is a leading cybersecurity solutions provider with the product family of five advanced cybersecurity solutions: NordVPN, NordLayer, NordPass, NordLocker, and NordWL. We have one true goal - to give true online privacy and security to as many people as we can. The risk department controls everything risk-related, including secure information and applications. We collaborate to develop scripts and security automation tools to enhance application security testing processes, perform application security scans using SAST/DAST tools, ensure that mobile/desktop applications are sufficiently tested, and assist with internal and external audits.
What You Will Do
- Ensure software design security and define secure implementation practices;
- Determine threat models, perform risk analysis and mitigation workshops of any product change that may impact security;
- Show your reverse engineering skills in discovering security bugs in desktop/mobile applications, networking, and crypto components;
- Develop scripts, security automation tools to enhance application security testing processes;
- Perform application security scanning using SAST/DAST tools;
- Ensure mobile/desktop applications are sufficiently tested and support internal and external audits;
- Design and deliver training for security engineering awareness & adoption;
- Actively look for internal security gaps within the product or organization overall.
What We Expect
- Proven experience in mobile/desktop application security assessment planning, testing, methodologies, and vulnerability reporting;
- Proficiency using security scanners, fuzzers, static code analyzers, debuggers, and ability to perform manual security code audit;
- Work with stakeholders to define the scope of security tests and identify remediation actions to address any vulnerabilities identified;
- Knowledge of secure coding practices;
- Ability to quickly assimilate new technologies and tools;
- Sense of ownership with strong problem solving and investigation skills;
- Experience with different OS, e.g., Linux, Android, iOS, macOS, Windows;
- Ability to build and maintain relationships, influence key stakeholders across the business;
- Bonus points for community contributions like public CVEs, bug bounty recognition, open-source tools, blogs, etc.
What We Offer
- Access to Nord Security products. We build solutions used by millions of users worldwide, and you’ll get to experience our products firsthand, at no charge;
- Professional growth. Internal and external events, online training, conferences, books - everything you need to reach your full potential;
- Health benefits. Online workouts, consultations, and programs to improve mental health to feel and be your best;
- Mental wellbeing. Access to mental health tools like Calm, Headspace, and Mindletic. Options for therapy to keep your emotional well-being in check;
- Team spirit. Team buildings and parties with games, shows, tastings, food coupons, and gifts, and it’s on us;
- Additional paid leave. Additional days are covered by us in cases of illness or special occasions;
- Flexibility. Flexible working time arrangement;
- Salary. We are open to discussing salaries based on your skills.