Engineering Manager (Apps team)
- Take ownership of the architecture, design, development, deployment, and operations of the solution you and other engineers develop;
- Foster a culture of teamwork, knowledge sharing, and maintain great engineering practices;
- Together with the team of software engineers, QA specialists, UI/UX specialists, work on creating and maintaining features for a SASE solution - NordLayer;
- Guide a multiple squads of software engineers, who are building innovative cybersecurity products that reach millions of users each day, help them grow and contribute to the hiring process;
- Discuss business solutions with stakeholders and other engineers, propose alternatives, or validate existing solutions;
- Build, coach, and serve a high-performing team of engineers by coaching, mentoring, feedback, and hands-on career development;
- Enable the team to deliver high-impact, high-value product changes;
- Work together with product teams and other stakeholders to create flows and systems that handle complex engineering efforts;
- Support the further development of an excellent engineering culture guided by our company values and engineering principles;
- Aligning with other engineering teams, making sure you stay on top of changes both internally and externally so your team works in sync with other teams;
- Collaborating between engineering managers and tech leads across the organization to create symbiotic development alignment;
- Bring a passion for meeting business needs with building technically innovative solutions and excel at shifting between the two - understanding how big-picture goals align with technical details and vice-versa.
- 2+ years of experience working with software engineering teams;
- At least 2 years experience technically leading a team (10+ or more engineers);
- Ideally, you have experience developing and deploying high quality applications;
- Openness to collaborate and mentor team members, while also sharing practical knowledge and trends;
- Team-spirited, proactive, and able to work in a fast-paced environment;
- Strong communication skills combined with the ability to create clarity;
- Thriving in an environment where you have to make clarity working on complex technical challenges and having the freedom to solve them with your team how you see fit;
- Excellency at planning, creating teams and overseeing execution to meet commitments and deliver with predictability;
- Demonstrated track record of managing a team, including hiring, onboarding, and professional development: you’re as good at explaining “why” as “how”.
Bonus points for
- Experience with VPNs and/or Internet security.
- Gross Salary 4960 - 7270 EUR/Month.
After you apply
Our recruitment process differs depending on specific positions and/or hiring teams. However, it tends to include the following three main stages and usually don’t exceed any more than five steps.
Get to know
The goal of the first step is to get to know each other better. So during that, we talk more about the role and ask you to share your story.
We test each applicant's technical knowledge and problem-solving ability through various assessments.
Meet the team
The final step is for you to meet the team, discuss your task, and dig deeper into the role you’re applying for. If everyone’s happy with the result, the closing step will be the offer.
Nord Security is a world-leading cybersecurity solutions provider. We aim to shape a more trusted and peaceful online future for people everywhere. To achieve this goal, we’ve built a like-minded community of over 1000 cybersecurity and tech experts driven by Nord values. And we’re always looking to expand our team of: