Head of Development
Nord Security was born as a passion project, and our drive is reflected in our work, which has earned high praise from major tech outlets and cybersec experts. We want one thing only — to give true online privacy and security to as many people as we can. We're working on a new product for Nord security - NordLocker. Our firm belief is that you should be the only owner of your data and have full control over it. For that reason, we introduced an end-to-end encrypted cloud to the market, focusing on pleasant experience and uncompromised safety. So far, we have a trust of 100,000 customers who secured their private data using NordLocker, and we're not planning to stop there. More exciting changes are coming as we continue to develop our cutting-edge and reliable product for everyone to enjoy and keep their data secure. To achieve this we are looking for the Head of Development to lead technical direction, ensure technologies are used efficiently, profitably, and securely. If you can think strategically, find the balance between business and technology goals, and enjoy the idea of scaling technically advanced products, we’d like to meet you.
What You Will Do
- Lead and contribute to the architectural design of fast, secure, and scalable encrypted cloud storage solution;
- Drive product’s technical excellence and alignment throughout 5 different platforms;
- Own technical direction of the product and work with the team to implement it;
- Help team members to grow by sharing technical knowledge and by empowering them to deliver the best results;
- Collaborate with product owners to find the best technical solution for a business challenge;
- Evaluate technical solutions based on business requirements.
What We Expect
- Demonstrated experience in leading medium to large size software engineering projects;
- Experience and familiarity with different programming languages;
- Experience with building software where synchronization was one of the core features is a plus;
- Good understanding of file systems especially on a client-side;
- Basic knowledge of encryption;
- Experience with a server-side. Understanding of systems performance;
- Experience with service monitoring and metrics is a big plus;
- Excellent communication and organization skills.
What We Offer
- Access to Nord Security products. We build solutions used by millions of users worldwide, and you’ll get to experience our products firsthand, at no charge.
- Professional growth. Internal and external events, online training, conferences, books - everything you need to reach full potential.
- Health benefits. Private health insurance, online workouts, consultations, programs to improve mental health to feel and be your best.
- Team spirit. Online team buildings and parties with games, shows, tastings, food coupons, gifts, and it’s on us.
- More free time. Stay with us and additional vacation days will be added to your calendar.
- Salary. Gross salary from 4 100 to 6 600 EUR/month.