Engineering Manager (Threat Protection Team)
Nord Security was born as a passion project, and our drive is reflected in our work, which has earned high praise from major tech outlets and cybersec experts. We want one thing only — to give true online privacy and security to as many people as we can. NordVPN is the fastest VPN and the most trusted online security solution on the planet. NordVPN protects your internet traffic with next-generation encryption, being the preferred tool of activists and privacy-conscious individuals around the globe.
What you will do:
- Lead a team of passionate, talented C/C++/Go/Rust engineers who are building innovative cybersecurity products that reach millions of users each day;
- Introduce tools and processes to make engineer’s lives and product quality better;
- Play an active part in shaping the product - NordVPN App - based on what's technically possible and available;
- Thrive in a fast-paced iterative engineering environment and implement your previous experience in delivering scalable systems;
- Make sure your team hits ambitious company-wide goals from an engineering standpoint;
- Bring a passion for meeting business needs with building technically innovative solutions and excel at shifting between the two - understanding how big-picture goals inform technical details, and vice-versa.
What we expect:
- 3+ years in engineering management;
- Familiarity working with C/C++/Go/Rust;
- Solid foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in algorithms, data structures, software design, and building large systems;
- Excellency at planning and overseeing execution to meet commitments and deliver with predictability;
- Demonstrated track record of managing a team including hiring, onboarding, and professional development: you're as good at explaining "why" as you are "how";
- Experience in implementing tools, processes, internal instrumentation, methodologies, and resolving blockages;
- Ability to manage teams/projects with tight deadlines and short release cycles;
- Experience with VPNs and/or Internet security is a great plus.
What we offer:
- Professional growth. Internal and external events, online training, conferences, books - everything you need to reach full potential;
- Huge internal IT professionals community to fuel your growth (not to mention all standard perks: internal and external events, online training, conferences, books - you name it);
- Health benefits. Private health insurance, online workouts, consultations to feel and be your best;
- Access to Nord Security products. We build solutions used by millions of users worldwide, and you’ll get to experience our products firsthand, at no charge;
- Mental wellbeing. Access to mental health tools like Calm, Headspace, and Mindletic. Options for therapy to keep your emotional wellbeing in check.
- Team spirit. Online team buildings and parties with games, shows, tastings, food coupons, gifts, and it’s on us;
- More free time. Stay with us and additional vacation days will be added to your calendar;
- Salary. Gross salary from 4100 to 6600 EUR/month.