Lead Privacy Protection Researcher
Nord Security was born as a passion project, and our drive is reflected in our work, which has earned high praise from major tech outlets and cybersec experts. We want one thing only — to give true online privacy and security to as many people as we can. NordVPN is the fastest VPN and the most trusted online security solution on the planet. NordVPN protects your internet traffic with next-generation encryption, being the preferred tool of activists and privacy-conscious individuals around the globe.
What you will do
- Deliver accurate and valuable content based on your research that would be suitable to publish in credible media and academic sources.
- Plan your research and content based on the relevant subjects from these areas: privacy protection, data breaches, digital security, surveillance, AI, IoT, Internet governance.
- Analyse the current state of privacy protection in both academic and business fields to determine your research agenda.
- Initiate, conduct research, analyse data and present discoveries relevant to further product development and enhancing the company’s brand image.
- Collaborate with universities, student organisations or research labs in order to perform timely and quality research.
- Organise and look for various sponsoring opportunities of other privacy protection researchers.
- Work together with our teams and help them apply your discoveries to accelerate product development.
- Work together with our marketing specialists to strengthen the brand’s authority in the privacy protection field.
- Be the brand representative in digital security or rights conferences and events.
What we expect
- Previous experience in conducting extensive research either in academic or investigative media settings.
- Deep understanding and interest in data security and privacy protection topics.
- Proven history of conducting large-scale research and presenting your discoveries publicly e.g. published academic papers, media coverage etc.
- Outstanding analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to enlist organisations, manage projects and oversee the whole research process until it’s full fruition.
- Being able to deliver your discoveries in a clear way for various stakeholders.
- Fluency in English - both written and spoken.
What We Offer
- Great work conditions - flexible hours, separate workspaces for teams, no distractions;
- Top-notch technologies and tools to work with;
- If you need a break, we have a Chill zone, F-1 simulator, table tennis, foosball, basketball, Xbox available for everyone;
- Professional in-house physiotherapist for your health needs;
- Fully stocked kitchen to fuel your productivity;
- Professional growth opportunities (training courses of your choice, books, global conferences, business trips, etc.);
- Internal events, knowledge sharing talks, team retreats, workation trips & a team of experts to learn from.
- Salary based on your skills and competences.