Technical Writer (Patent)
Nord Security was born as a passion project, and our drive is reflected in our work, which has earned high praise from major tech outlets and Cyber Security experts. We want one thing only — to give true online privacy and security to as many people as we can. NordVPN is the fastest VPN and the most trusted online security solution on the planet. NordVPN protects your internet traffic with next-generation encryption, being the preferred tool of activists and privacy-conscious individuals around the globe. We're creating a cybersecurity product that has millions of users around the globe. We earned our customers’ trust and satisfaction by empowering ourselves to develop a cutting-edge and reliable product. That is why we believe that cybersecurity is all about hard work, modern technology stack, speed, a constant desire to learn, and above all, vigilance in keeping every last asset safe and sound. We acknowledge that success starts with having the right people in the right place.
What You Will Do
- Work closely with our engineering team, to prepare patent applications and coordinate with our patent lawyers to file them;
- Draft ideas, patent applications with clarity and technical accuracy;
- Work with lawyers and the engineering team to craft the claims and file applications;
- Communicate and work with our attorneys in writing patent applications and the filing of patent prosecution matters;
- Gather technical information by working collaboratively with other teams to access internal specifications, block diagrams, drawings, part lists, training materials, and prototypes of products;
- Describe features and functions cutting edge technology by writing content that describes the technology, competitive features, and sequence of installation, configuration, and operating procedures;
- Maintain a comprehensive library of technical terminology and documentation;
- Manage updates and revisions to technical literature;
- Provide writing, editing, documentation, formatting, and routing support for various projects or studies with technical or progress reports, papers, research protocols, presentations, or posters.
What We Expect
- Bachelors and/or Master degree in robotics, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, computer science, or closely related fields;
- Proven experience in technical writing - nice to have;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Creativity in formulating new content, and revising and streamlining existing content;
- The ability to explain and describe new technologies in a way that is concise and descriptive;
- Excellent written English.
What We Offer
- Access to Nord Security products. We build solutions used by millions of users worldwide, and you’ll get to experience our products firsthand, at no charge;
- Professional growth. Internal and external events, online training, conferences, books - everything you need to reach full potential;
- Health benefits. Private health insurance, online workouts, consultations, programs to improve mental health to feel and be your best;
- Team spirit. Online team buildings and parties with games, shows, tastings, food coupons, gifts, and it’s on us;
- More free time. Stay with us and additional vacation days will be added to your calendar;
- Salary. Gross salary from 1600 to 3600 EUR/month.