Technical Writer (Patent)
Nord Security was born as a passion project, and our drive is reflected in our work, which has earned high praise from major tech outlets and Cyber Security experts. We want one thing only — to give true online privacy and security to as many people as we can. NordVPN is the fastest VPN and the most trusted online security solution on the planet. NordVPN protects your internet traffic with next-generation encryption, being the preferred tool of activists and privacy-conscious individuals around the globe. We're creating a cybersecurity product that has millions of users around the globe. We earned our customers’ trust and satisfaction by empowering ourselves to develop a cutting-edge and reliable product. That is why we believe that cybersecurity is all about hard work, modern technology stack, speed, a constant desire to learn, and above all, vigilance in keeping every last asset safe and sound. We acknowledge that success starts with having the right people in the right place.
What You Will Do
- You will work closely with our engineering team and patent lawyers drafting and filing patent applications;
- Mine patentable ideas with engineering teams and patent lawyers;
- Draft invention disclosures with clarity and technical accuracy: describe features and functions of cutting edge technology by writing content that describes the technology, competitive features, and sequence of installation, configuration, and operating procedures;
- Gather technical information by working collaboratively with other teams to access internal specifications, block diagrams, drawings, part lists, training materials, and prototypes of products;
- Coordinate engineering teams and patent lawyers’ workflow drafting, filing, and prosecuting patent applications;
- Provide writing, editing, documentation, formatting, and routing support for various projects or studies with technical or progress reports, papers, research protocols, presentations, or posters.
What We Expect
- Degree in engineering, computer science, cybersecurity, or closely related fields;
- Proven experience in technical writing - nice to have;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Creativity in formulating new content, and revising and streamlining existing content;
- The ability to explain and describe new technologies in a way that is concise and descriptive;
- Curious about new technology.
What We Offer
- Professional growth. Internal and external events, online training, conferences, books - everything you need to reach full potential;
- Health benefits. Private health insurance, online workouts, consultations to feel and be your best;
- Mental wellbeing. Access to mental health tools like Calm, Headspace, and Mindletic. Options for therapy to keep your emotional wellbeing in check.
- Team spirit. Online team buildings and parties with games, shows, tastings, food coupons, gifts, and it’s on us;
- More free time. Stay with us and additional vacation days will be added to your calendar;
- Salary. Gross salary 1600 to 3600 EUR/month. Keep in mind that we are open to discuss a different salary based on your skills and competencies.